Sunday, May 23, 2010

The weekend report

Friday's WOD:

5 rounds for time:
30 Squats
20 KB Snatch
30 Double Unders
M:24kg F:16kg

We had a 15 minute time limit and I got through 4 rds + 12 KB Snatches. The KB snatches took a lot time. I couldn't get the grip and kept having to stop and reposition so the KB wouldn't end up coming out of my hands. Double Unders were a breeze though and squats were so so.

Went out to Cru Wine Bar last night with Susan and Lisa. It was a perfect evening to sit outside on the patio and drink wine. I had 1 glass too many but luckily there was lots of walking and water drinking to be had before I needed to drive home.

I grocery shopped this morning at Central Market. Here is what I got...1 bunch kale, 3 servings of brussel sprouts, asparagus, cherries, blackberries, zucchini, 3 bananas, 4 lemons, 1 avocado, spinach, cherry tomatoes, portabella mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, 1 head of broccoli, beansprouts, 1 sirloin steak, 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, 1 lb gulf shrimp, 1 piece salmon, 1 lb ground sirloin, 1 1/2 lb bison sausage, 1 tub fresh roasted almond butter, 1 bar 85% dark chocolate, 3 lara bars, 2 kombucha teas, and a partridge in a pear tree.

The groceries will last me the better part of the week. As soon as I get home I partition the meat into freezer bags (that I reuse) so that I have single servings of meat I can grab and cook. This works out well for me and keeps me eating Paleo while having a busy week. I cook lunch for the next day while I'm cooking dinner.
I also picked up breakfast for Monday-Wednesday at Snap Kitchen. I don't have too much time after my morning workout so being able to have a Paleo friendly quick and delicious breakfast is great.

This afternoon I headed to visit my friend Carmen who was in town from LA. Carmen was my freshman year roomie at Trinity. Herndon room 212 rocked! We loved rooming together so much we continued up until Senior year when we had to part because we became RAs. Carmen was in town because her sister graduated from UT Law School (go Dani!) and her family was nice enough to invite me to the afternoon party. I love Carmen. Carmen's hubby Will was in town as well. Carmen had a mad crush on Will ever since freshman year but they didn't start dating until years later. They are both awesome. Will is Carmen's second best roomie ever. ; )

This afternoon I headed to Bodhi Yoga for the Hot 26 class. I went yesterday as well and thought 2 days in a row would be fab since I had the time. Turns out I was the only one who thought that, or maybe all the UT grads were partying too much? The 9o minute Hot 26 class turned into a 90 minute Hot 26 private training, for the price of the group class of course. Talk about intimidating. Luckily the teacher was outstanding and gave tons of great tips. When you have someone watching you so intently they really point out everything you are doing wrong and then it becomes much harder. : ) Even the things I thought I was 'ok' with, it turns out not so much. Just when you thought you were fit. This only makes me want to get much better so 3 times a week yoga here I come. She confirmed the ridiculous tightness/inflexibility I have in my hips. Maybe 7 years of long distance running without sufficient stretching wasn't such a great idea. Let's hope lots of yoga can reverse it.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I loved seeing you this weekend! I'll let you know next time we're in town - hopefully it's sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you guys look so cute! How exciting for Dani. ;)

    ReplyDelete