Thursday, May 6, 2010

Good Luck to Europe


First of all... GOOD LUCK to
Lauren, Buck, and JB from CF Ramstein. They will be competing at the CF European Regionals this weekend in Sweden. I wish I could be there to cheer you on but I will be doing so from Texas! Kick some butt. I can't wait to hear/read all about it.

My bike ride this morning was a little shaky. I am not a good bike rider. Hopefully this will change with time on the bike. Lucky for me the 2 times I ride it's still so early in the morning that there is no one on the road so I have some space to be bad. It was fun riding to CF this morning. The ride back wasn't quite as fun after some front squats but the wind in my face was a great cool down.

5 x 5 Front Squats
Warmed up with 45 and 55
65, 75, 85, 95, 105

Then

Some workout that didn't really go as planned. I won't explain it in detail but essentially in 9 minutes I performed 100 pushups, 56 push jerks (55#), and 10 front squats (55#). That was exhausting.

Strange day at work. Glad tomorrow is Friday. It's been a good week though. It's nice to be back contributing to society.

On the coffee front I have concluded that 3/4 of a 'tall' Starbucks Pike Peak Blend (no cream/sugar) provides the perfect amount of morning pep while still allowing me to sleep wonderfully. I have a reusable mug that is a 'grande' so I ask the baristas to fill it halfway which is normally no issue. This morning I asked for a 'tall' and the guy filled it up all the way to the top, handed it to me, and winked. I was like 'noooooo!' in my head but said a polite and enthusiastic 'thank you'. Then I went to the bathroom and poured half of it out in the sink. No coffee or wink is worth a wink of sleep to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment