Monday, May 3, 2010

First day of 'work'

In case I nod off during this post I will first say that giving up coffee, a 4:30 alarm clock, and a day of sitting in PowerPoint presentations is a bad mix. I'm planning an early dinner so I can go to sleep at a time that I'm too embarrased to even type on my own blog.

Anyhow, CF workout was Fight Gone Bad.
Two rounds. 1 minute each of:
Rowing (count calories)
Wall Balls (14 lb ball)
Sumo Deadlift Highpull (65 lbs)
Box Jumps (20 inch)
Push Press (55 lbs)

So for those that do not know CF, you do each of those movements for 1 minute. So it's 5 minutes of work. Then you take a 1 minute break and do the entire 5 minutes all over again. The official "Fight Gone Bad" is 3 rounds, but due to time limitations we did 2 rounds this morning. I totaled 167 reps. I have done this workout before but it has always been 3 rounds so I don't feel right comparing them. But, overall I was a little disappointed. Afterwards I felt like I could have given more; mostly with the push presses and SDLHP. My wall ball reps were horrible but that is due to horrible squating technique. It was nice to get back to my early morning workout routine and it was super nice to workout with 15 other people. Makes you feel not so crazy when you are out there in the dark.

I had my first day of work today except it was employee orientation so it was a lot of sitting around hearing about health benefits, retirement benefits, mission, vision, etc. Not super fun but I suppose necessary and I got all of that figured out and my name badge so I'm official looking. The next 3 days I will be training on some of the computer programs. Friday I finally get to the office that Ill be working at. So if I can make it to Friday without falling asleep in a training class Ill be good to go.

Off to prep for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment