Friday, May 14, 2010

Relaxing weekend

It's been a few days. Week 2 of work is complete and the good news is I love it. The bad thing is I caught my first (of probably but hopefully not) many illnesses from working in a doc office. I'm hoping I will catch a few bugs and then all will be well. My immune system normally kicks ass. Just gotta make sure I'm getting enough sleep and eating healthy so it can kill any germs.

Friday's WOD

5 Rounds for time:
7 SDHP M:135 F:95
10 GHD Sit Ups
20 V-Twist M:45 F:25

Scaled to 75 lbs for the SDHP and completed in 8:40. I never got that winded and I found the V twits to be pretty simple/fun. The SDHP's were heavy for me which was what slowed me down. The combo of the V twist and GHD Sit Ups was killer. It's Sunday and my core is still sore. It also sucks to have a cold with very sore abs. Every time I sneeze it hurts.

Saturday I took off and this morning I did a few random things in the gym of the apartment. Overall I was trying to spend the weekend recovering since I wasn't feeling great.

This afternoon I treated myself to a massage and then took the Hot 26 class here. So, hot yoga. When I first walked in the door I thought I must have been crazy. The room was heated to 100 degrees and on top of Austin heat and humidity outside it was HOT. Ten minutes in I was in love. Ninety (yes, ninety!) minutes later I was still in love, drenched in sweat, and feeling incredibly relaxed and stretchy. I even felt pretty accomplished. My flexibility isn't horrible and I have pretty good balance and strength. My hip flexibilty needs ALOT of work though. I'm making it a goal to attend that class twice a week. With Crossfitting 4/5 times a week getting some good stretching in to balance it sounds like a good idea.

I'm going to chill on the couch before another week begins. I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment