Sunday, June 27, 2010

Viewing the world with a new perspective...

It's almost been 1 month since the 60 day Paleo Challenge began. Almost halfway over and I'm feeling awesome. I can't believe how much energy I have. Last night I went to Malagas with Karen and Susan. I was a little worried being that the restaurant serves amazing tapas and has a HUGE wine list. I made sure to eat a lot of watermelon and few handfuls of nuts beforehand so when I got there I wasn't starving. I ordered a side salad (that was pretty enormous) and a tapas of grilled shrimp and fried plantane bananas. Both options were delish and pretty Paleo minus a bit of cheese on the salad and the friedness of the plantanes. I was a little sad when Karen ordered a Pinot Noir (my fav) and I could smell it but I resisted and felt great about my decisions. It was nice to leave a restaurant not feeling super stuffed but still very satisfied. Malagas is going on my list of places to hit up in 35 days. I think I'll have the same with the wine.

Yesterday and today I've hit up 2 Vinyasa yoga classes. I was not a big fan of yesterday's class because it was so advanced and I felt like I couldn't keep up. Today's class was for beginners and was a nice pace for me. At the end of the class we practiced inversions. I was so excited I decided to practice at home in my PJs. I held my headstand freestanding for 30 seconds. I'm too chicken still to not be close to wall but soon I will gain confidence and do them in the middle of the room. I think I'm gonna work on these every day for a few minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment