Saturday, August 7, 2010

Still here

Well hello. Sorry it's been a while. Rest assured I'm still alive and well. I made it through 60 days of Paleo with a few mistakes the last week but overall it went well. The end of the 60 days happened to correspond with my trip to Rhode Island so I splurged a bit on a few margaritas, cake, and ice cream. Since then I'm been pretty much as strict as I was during the 60 days. I made a trip to the grocery store today and the contents of my basket did not look any different now than they did last month.

As I mentioned, last weekend I traveled to Newport, RI to celebrate the baby shower of Shana! Six amazing friends from Germany all met up for a fabulous weekend. Although not everyone I love from Germany could be there (you know who you are), this was quite a fun group.



Amazing Germany Friends- Nicole, Leigh Anne, Shana, Heather, me, Angela, and Amanda


Nicole, Heather, and Shana


The harbor in Newport


Shana's Baby Shower Star Wars Cake (at her request)

I'm still Crossfitting and yogaing and have been happy with some recent successes at both. Who knows... maybe it's all the awesome eating I've been doing.

I started to try a few new dishes the last few weeks of Paleo. These are a couple of them.

The first is super easy and is has become one of my go-to meals for when I get home late. Asparagus with prosciutto and olive oil. Preheat oven to 425. Wrap a strip of prosciutto around a few sprigs of asparagus. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over and pop it in the oven for 10ish minutes. Once it comes out of the oven, let it sit for about 5 minutes and then you can eat it with your fingers.


My other dish is brussel sprouts, mushrooms, shrimp, and coconut milk curry. This is also super easy. Slice each brussel sprout into 4 pieces. Sauté brussel sprouts in a sauce pan with coconut oil until they start to get tender. Add the mushrooms along with some chili powder and hot curry powder. When the mushrooms and sprouts are pretty tender, add in the shrimp. Here I add in more chili powder and hot curry powder. Sauté the shrimp for a couple minutes to get it a little cooked. Add in 1/2 can of coconut milk. Add in 1 teaspoon (or 2) of Thai Kitchen Hot Curry Paste. Bring this to a light bowl to make sure the shrimp is cooked all the way through. This should take 3-5 minutes- any longer and the shrimp will get rubbery. Pour all this into a bowl and enjoy! Yes, I love hot curry spicy things. You can scale down the spices if you don't.





Today was full or errands. The most exciting of them included:

- Finally getting my 10,000 mile service on my VW RAbbit (even though my car is now at 12,000 miles)

- Making a trip to Half Priced Books to get some new mystery novels and travel books...buying travel books is always exciting!!

- Shopping at Whole Foods because it's the only store in Austin that has chocolate almond butter that you can squeeze out of a machine. Yum!

- An amazing massage with Shelby- who I've decided is my personal Yoda! Thanks, Shelby.

3 comments:

  1. Half priced books is the best!
    Did you get a peru travel book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meals always look oh so fancy Kellie! I am so thrilled you had so much fun in RI!!!! You all looked so happy and beautiful! Missed you! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am constantly going to Half Price Books and buying travel books - it's kind of ridiculous. Glad to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete