Friday, April 30, 2010

Running















Stayed with my early morning wake up schedule in prep for next week. Decided to walk down to the high school track down the street and do this WOD.

Run 1600 meters (7:00, 1:35/400 meters)
Rest 3 minutes
Run 1200 meters (5:15, 1:35/400 meters)
Rest 2 minutes
Run 800 meters (3:25, 1:32/400 meters)
Rest 1 minute
Run 400 meters (1:31)

I haven't run further than 800 meters in 5 months so I was pretty happy with my 400 m splits. Also happy with my consistency. It was pretty darn windy out there which felt good on the walk back but not so great on the run. Once I got back I went to my apartment gym and did 4 sets of 10- 25 lb DB bench press. Then did quite a bit of technique work on my squat. Nice workout. Humbling to still be working on my squat.

Ran a lot of random errands today. Then came home and made the above. Kale, EVOO, cayenne pepper, and avocado with baked salmon on top. Yum! Definitely something I will be making again. I think the trick to making this extra yummy was taking all the ingredients (minus the salmon) and mushing it together with my hands.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment