Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday

Happy Sunday! Sunday only means 1 thing these days, clipping coupons! The new tradition is courtesy of my bestest friend Kristen. Kristen gets a lot of diaper/baby type coupons from the paper, which of course I do not need. Nor do I need about 50% of the coupons because they are for processed foods which for the most part I do not eat because I eat Paleo. You will probably hear more about Paleo later but back to the coupons for now. The coupons I love are for toothbrushes, dental floss, and body wash type products. If you are going to keep yourself clean and smelling great you might as well save 75 cents while doing it. I am so committed to coupon clipping that I recently bought a coupon organizer. I get a weird satisfaction out of clipping and organizing these coupons. I even enjoy the paper that the coupons are printed on. It's thinner than the rest of the paper and feels good between your fingers. Newspaper is yucky to feel.

There was a period in my childhood when I clipped coupons on Sunday's so I guess the tradition is back. I had 2 Sunday traditions as a child. Both involved going to church and sunday school. After sunday school I would come home and cook (and eat) an entire box of Kraft Mac and Cheese. I preferred the spirals to the normal boring noodles. Dinosaurs trumped spirals. The other food tradition was velvetta cheese, rotel tomatoes, and chips! Apparently I really enjoyed fake cheese products during my childhood years. While eating I would either fight with my sister Katie over the comics or watch WWF. I don't know how WWF entered the picture but it had to be watched upstairs because Dad watched This Old House on the TV in the living room.

Now I'm in a new city and it's time to start some new traditions. First things first, coffee and breakfast. I have stopped eating fake cheese. Red peppers, green onions, and eggs with a smear of avocado on the side. My fridge was empty except for this stuff; thus my breakfast was created and it seems as if grocery shopping will enter the list of Sunday 'to dos.'

Next I headed to church.

After getting out of church I realized it was the PERFECT Austin day. Sunny, blue sky, breezy, and 80. I decided to drive downtown and explore the streets of the city and then wandered over to Zilker Park and Barton Springs Pool. I wasn't really dressed appropriately for swimming so I'll be vising Barton Springs later this week. After more walking I headed to Whole Foods for some yummy lunch. After much more wandering I was getting pretty warm and decided I needed to go swimming and I should get a swimsuit. So I headed to Macy's, bought a swimsuit and went directly into my apartment pool. It was awesome. I think laid in the sun for half an hour or so. I didn't want to turn into a lobster. While at the pool I met 2 of my neighbors. My apartment complex is brand new and of the 400 units, 5% of them are occupied. So basically almost my entire complex was down at the pool!

Since I did 4 days 'on' I took Saturday and Sunday off from working out. I'll start up again tomorrow.

Finally I have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mom. Today she is 59 years old and looking pretty darn good. She is on a river cruise in Portugal with my dad, Uncle John, Aunt Linda, Uncle Steve, and Aunt Johnana.

Below are some pics...

1. Downtown Austin today taken from S. Lamar bridge
2. Breakfast
3. Dinner- chicken, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, onions, garlic all sauteed in EVOO. Total prep and cook time = 15 minutes.
4. My mom and I

I need HTML for dummies because I can't figure out how to make these pics turn out how I want them too. I'll work on it.







1 comment:

  1. "I get a weird satisfaction out of clipping and organizing these coupons."- ME TOO!!

    ReplyDelete