Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lots of Box Jumping


To the left, my amazing new duvet I ordered from Pottery Barn. It was on sale for super cheap which makes me love it even more.

I'm back in my apartment gym today. Made up a WOD.

5 RFT (Rounds for Time)
40 Double Unders
30 Box Jumps (Used a 18 inch bench)
20 1 Arm KB Snatches (Used a 20 lb KB)

21:40...That was a whole lot of jumping. I'm trying to work on consecutive jumps vs step ups so this probably ended up taking more time making myself stick to that.

I went in for my pre employment health/drug screening. My blood pressure was 92/64 and my pulse was 51. I keep pretty good record of my blood pressure and I don't remember it being that low in....ever. Strange. It took 3 sticks, 10 minutes, and lots of prodding in my veins to get 2 vials of blood. I've never had that happen before. My veins are a blood donation centers dream; at least I have been told that every time I donate. I wonder if it was my blood pressure, the blood taker, or some other factor. After a while I started feeling lightheaded and nauseous and was given a pink basin. No puking though. Then I was fitted for a mask in case I come into contact with anyone with a highly contagious disease. What a weird process. I had to put the make on and then had horribly bitter stuff sprayed in my face. If I tasted the horribly bitter stuff I had to try on another size mask.

On my way out of HR told me that my education information is 'pending.' Wash U or Trinity, please hurry up and give up my education information so I can start work Monday. Otherwise I have to wait until the following Monday. Ugh.

Dinner is below...mixed green salad with steak, mushrooms, avocado, and broccoli. I then had 1/2 banana, a handful of blueberries, and several spoonfuls of almond butter. And a couple squares of 85% dark chocolate. I was pretty hungry. : )

Day 1 of no coffee. I was great through my workout and then around 9 it hit me. I felt very sleepy. I got some decaf hot tea which got my mind off of the taste of coffee at least. After a while I got past the energy slowdown and felt back to normal. A success!

1 comment: