Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blog #1

Hello all. Welcome to my blog. For now the main purpose is to track Crossfit workouts and just everyday randomness. As many of you know, I just moved to Austin. It feels nice to be back in Texas and I'm currently settling into my apartment and general life in the city. After being in Germany for over 2 years, I have fallen back in love with Target and many other American luxuries. Of course I never considered Target to be a luxury before but indeed it is! Sometimes I just go up and down the aisles and look at all the options. Whole Foods and Central Market are also AMAZING!

The fact that I can go to Target and wander up and down the aisles tells me it's a good thing I start my job in a week. After almost 4 months of unemployment I cannot wait to start to get into some sort of routine again. I had a routine during the last few months but it was pretty lazy to say the least. I did enjoy reading many good books while drinking coffee and reflecting on my life past, present and future.

I've started attending Crossfit Central, which is just a few blocks away from my apartment. After passing a 2 hour 'elements class' I was given the seal of approval and started my workouts. After being off for several days with the move to Austin I did 4 days of workouts in a row. I'll briefly sum those up below and then I'm off for the night. There is tons to write about but I'll save some for future posts.

Friday, April 23:
For time:
1 round of Cindy
1 Clean & Jerk
1 round of Cindy
2 Clean & Jerk
1 round of Cindy
3 Clean & Jerk
cont. to 1 round of Cindy, 10 Clean & Jerk
M:155 F:105
1 round of Cindy= 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats
This was one that is way worse than it looks on paper. At least for me. I used 80 # for the C&J's. We had a 20 min time limit and I made it through round 7 + 5 pull ups.

Thursday, April 22:
Deadlift
2-2-2-2-2
Then,
AMRAP in 15 minutes:
10 GHD Sit Up
10 Ring Dip
10 Burpee
10 SDHP M:32kg F:24kg
Last set of 2 DLs was to be around 80% of 1 rep max. Last set was 185. Did negatives on the rings for dips. I think I got 7 plus for rounds. Ill be better now that I will record every day.

Wednesday, April 21:
For time:
10 Thrusters 115/75
30 KB Snatch 24kg/16kg
1k Row
30 KB Swings 24kg16kg
10 Snatch 115/75
Rxd for Thrusters and used 45 for snatches. Time was 13 something. Didn't write it down.

Tuesday, April 20:
5 Rounds for max reps:
Deadlift
HSPU
M:275 F:185
* rest 3 minutes b/w rounds
I used 135 for the DL and 1 ab mat for round 1 and 2 ab mats for rounds 2-5 for HSPU. Completed 88 reps of DL and 22 of HSPU. Overall a good, hard workout. I am getting better at HSPU but still can't do more than 1 with only 1 ab mat.


1 comment:

  1. First- YAY so happy you are back in Texas :)
    Secondly- you have to pass a test before you can go to this gym? Thats a serious gym!

    ReplyDelete