Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Snatch Work

What a great day! I got a lot done.

Having finally completed going through all my stuff I decided I need to simplify my life. This meant trying on every single piece of clothing I had to decide if it should 'stay' or 'go.' That strategy went with about everything else in the apartment. This resulted in the hallway being filled with boxes of stuff I was ready to give away. I ended up making 2 trips to the United Methodist Church down the street (they happen to be having a garage sale next week) with my car full. I drive a VW Rabbit so that is not a huge amount, but still a lot of stuff. Ah, feels good!

Anyhow, afterwards I headed to the gym to work with trainer John. We did Burg Warm Up Technique work with a PVC and 45 lb bar and I actually started to get it. It became obvious to me (and I'm sure him) that my squat still needs tons of work. I spent the last 5 minutes (6:18) doing Isabel (30 snatches for time, not Rxd, Used 45#). There was some training during the 30 as well but I was not allowed to drop the bar at all. The last 5 snatches felt great. I was finally starting to get the hang of the full body extension and getting myself under the bar. Yay!

Since there are no classes at CF Central this week they are offering free classes. So after working out I stuck around for Coach Crystal McReynolds Trigger Point Therapy class. If anyone thinks foam rollers hurt so good, try some of these toys. I'm strangely excited about having found new ways to cause myself grimacing pain.

Next, Carey Kepler and Crystal Nelson taught a class on pH balance of your body and Intermittent Fasting. Luckily, CF Ramstein had it's own Registered Dietician (PJ) at its disposal, so none of this was so new to me but it was nice to hear it again. During this class, I could not concentrate very much because the only thing I could think about was that I stunk SO BAD! I guess after working out for an hour and then trigger pointing, my stinch had reached pretty bad levels. I kept scooting my chair inch by inch away from the group as to not gross anyone out, although I was grossed out. You know it's bad when you can smell yourself!

Afterwards I showered quickly because I needed to run out print/fax some info for my background check for work. No time for lunch so I ran to Whole Foods for a fresh squeezed beverage. Part of the lecture on pH balance was the benefits of drinking strange veggie concoctions. Anyhow, my choice was beets, spinach, and carrots! I have to say it was better than I thought it would be but my expectations were not high. : ) The beets did make it pretty and I truly felt incredibly alert after drinking this. After today's lecture I decided I am cutting out coffee. I did it for a few weeks a while back and my coffee consumption has creaped up week by week. So I'm going cold turkey tomorrow. I'll report back on that how goes.

After many more boring errands I'm back in my apartment doing 'stuff.' I hope every had a fabulous Tuesday.

P.S. Since I've started this blog, I've received several inquiries into Crossfit and how long I work out. For info, go here and click on "Start Here" in the left hand column. If you still have questions I'm more than happy to answer anything. I usually spend 1 hour to 1.5 hours 4/5 days a week in the gym including warm up/streching, etc.

1 comment: