Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fun with lunges

WOD:

"Linda" After kick ass Linda in our class

WOD
Floor Press
5-5-5-5-5

Then,
3 Rounds for time:
150ft. OH Plate lunge
250m Run
M:45 F:25

The floor press was with the barbell which made the movement short since you could really only go as far as your elbows made it to the floor. Good workout though. I got to 85 for the second to last set (barely) and then took it back to 80 for the 5th set. The Metcon was fun. My first time ever doing overhead walking lunges with a 25 lb plate. I finished in 8:13.

Made it to yoga after work. My shoulders were killing me but I somehow made it through 90 minutes of hot yoga while the temp outside was 100. The good news is everyone keeps complaining about the heat and it doesn't seem to bother me as much. I think I have acclimated pretty well.

On another note I really noticed today how far I have gotten in just 2 months of yoga. It's pretty incredible! I can go so much further in poses and my flexibility and strength has really grown. Today I noticed how much stronger my lower back is because I am starting to get a lot lower in my back bends. Good stuff.

Rest day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment