Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday 'off'

Today I had off work because of the July 4th Holiday. I still got up at 4:30 to go to CrossFit. I figured I had 2 days to sleep in and I had already paid for it and my thriftiness got my butt out of bed. Today's workout was...

WOD
AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
20 Double Unders
10 Inverted Burpees
20 Wallball
M:20 F:14

I have a Wallball problem so I used the 12# ball and got through 5 rounds even. The Wallballs took forever along with the Inverted Burpees after a while. An inverted burpee is a backward role up into a handstand. It makes you feel silly and I happened to be wearing pants with a zipper on the back so now I have a nice bruise on my butt. Good workout though.

After CF I made myself a ginormous breakfast which included: 4 pieces of nitrate free bacon, 3 eggs, 1 cup of kale, 1/2 cup red pepper, 1 cup broccoli, and 1/2 large avacado. This was a whole lot of food but I was hoping it would last me through most of the day. After eating my ginormous breakfast I grabbed some coffee and went into work. Yeah I know, work on a Holiday but I worked for 5 hours and got so much done I left feeling great. Wednesday will be a crazy day for me so I had a lot of stuff to do to prepare. Yesterday I made 5 bulletin boards around the clinic. They are fun and probably shouldn't be considered work. I consider myself to be slightly crafty but not at all artsy. I'm interested to see what everyone thinks about them when they come in tomorrow.

After work I came home and ate some watermelon and then went down to the apartment pool for half an hour and came back up to 'rest my eyes.' I really did rest my eyes because I cannot nap. It still felt great to lay in bed in the middle of the day.

I had a massage Saturday with Shelby who takes yoga at Bodhi. She is training to be a yoga instructor and has to teach so many classes before she is certified so she asked me if I'd be willing to be a guinea pig. Of course I said YES! Today I met up with Shelby and one other 'student' and Shelby led us through a 75 minute Vinyasa class. It was pretty awesome to have such pesonalized attention and Shelby did awesome. I know she is going to be a kick ass instructor. Below are some pics. I made Shelby take pics because I have so many CF pics I was excited to get some yoga ones up.






No comments:

Post a Comment